Summer Lessons for New Students!
New Student Summer Registration is currently FULL
New applications will be added to the wait-list and parents will be notified if an opening becomes available.
Who are summer lessons for?
Summer lessons are ideal for the following students:
- those who wish to try flute, clarinet or piano before committing to it long-term;
- those who would like to improve their playing level on flute, clarinet or piano;
- those considering long-term instruction in my Studio.
Where do lessons take place?
After teaching remotely for more than a year, I can vouch for the fact that in-person lessons are much better than remote lessons for a variety of reasons. I recommend that students take in-person lessons. The following COVID precautions apply:
1) the instructor is fully vaccinated
2) two HEPA air purifiers are installed in the Studio and will run during lessons
3) students and teacher will consistently remain 3' apart during lessons
4) parents are asked to wait outside the Studio during lessons
5) piano students are welcome to wear masks during lessons (not practical for wind players).
My home studio is located at 10009 Forest Grove Drive in Silver Spring, MD. I will send you detailed instructions for arriving at my studio before the first lesson.
If parents are not comfortable with in-person lessons, please indicate this on the enrollment form under "special considerations".
What supplies will the student need for summer lessons?
- Students MUST have an instrument that they can use for the duration of the summer lessons. Piano students who do not own a piano may wish to borrow a portable electronic keyboard from a friend (though a full-sized keyboard will be needed if they wish to continue lessons in the fall). For more information about area music stores that rent flutes and clarinets, click here.
- Students do NOT need to purchase music books for summer lessons. I will provide them with copies of music they will need.
- Students who have been playing their instrument for awhile should bring any music they have played recently to the first lesson.
How do I sign my student up for summer lessons?
- To register for summer lessons, complete the online Sign-Up form at the bottom of this page. I will confirm receipt of your registration information via email.
- Before the first lesson you will receive via email:
- a link to the SignUpGenius summer lesson schedule so you can select your lesson times from those available. You can select any 3 lesson times that work with your summer schedule.
- an invoice for lessons from PaySimple. Payment can be made by debit or credit card by clicking on the link in the invoice. Payment is due by July 1st to maintain your student's summer placement in the Studio.
What opportunities does the studio offer long-term students?
My studio offers many opportunities and advantages to students that you will not find in other studios.
- Click here to visit the Home page of this website for an overview of my teaching philosophy and instructional methods.
- Click here to learn more about the opportunities offered to students during the school year
- Click here to learn more about the Achievement Rewards system employed during school year lessons
- Click here to check out the Resources page which has lots of valuable information for students and parents - whether you need guidance purchasing a new instrument or tips for helping to motivate your student in their daily practice