Discounted Summer Lessons for New Students!
Who are summer lessons for?
Summer lessons are ideal for the following students:
- those who wish to try flute, clarinet or piano before committing to it long-term;
- those who would like to improve their playing level on flute, clarinet or piano;
- those considering long-term instruction in my Studio.
Where do lessons take place?
In person lessons are better than remote lessons for new students, but safety is also a concern during the pandemic. I recommend that the first summer lesson take place in person at my home studio under the precautions listed below. At that time we will discuss options for future lessons. Email me at kimmurraymusic@gmail if you have concerns with this arrangement.
COVID19 PRECAUTIONS: For in-person lessons, the following apply:
1) The instructor will wear a mask throughout the lesson (unless playing clarinet or flute) and wipe down surfaces with disinfectant before each student.
2) Students must have and wear a mask when possible.
3) ONE parent or guardian should attend the lesson and also wear a mask.
4) Social distancing measures will be implemented throughout the lesson to the extent possible.
My home studio is located at 10009 Forest Grove Drive in Silver Spring, MD. I will send you detailed instructions for arriving at my studio before the first lesson.
What supplies will the student need for summer lessons?
- Students MUST have an instrument that they can use for the duration of the summer lessons. Piano students who do not own a piano may wish to borrow a portable electronic keyboard from a friend (though a full-sized keyboard will be needed if they wish to continue lessons in the fall). For more information about area music stores that rent flutes and clarinets, click here.
- Students do NOT need to purchase music books for summer lessons. I will provide them with copies of music they will need.
- Students who have been playing their instrument for awhile should bring any music they have played recently to the first lesson.
How do I sign my student up for summer lessons?
- To register for summer lessons, complete the online Sign-Up form at the bottom of this page. I will confirm receipt of your registration information via email.
- Before the first lesson you will receive via email:
- a link to the SignUpGenius summer lesson schedule so you can select your lesson times from those available. You can select any 3 lesson times that work with your summer schedule.
- an invoice for lessons from PaySimple. Payment can be made by debit or credit card by clicking on the link in the invoice. Payment is due by July 1st to maintain your student's summer placement in the Studio.
What opportunities does the studio offer long-term students?
My studio offers many opportunities and advantages to students that you will not find in other studios.
- Click here to visit the Home page of this website for an overview of my teaching philosophy and instructional methods.
- Click here to learn more about the opportunities offered to students during the school year
- Click here to learn more about the Achievement Rewards system employed during school year lessons
- Click here to check out the Resources page which has lots of valuable information for students and parents - whether you need guidance purchasing a new instrument or tips for helping to motivate your student in their daily practice